Welcome to Bekins International
Around the corner or across the world, Bekins International takes you home.
Welcome to Bekins International, an industry leader in international relocation, freight forwarding, and moving and storage services. Bekins understands the amount of anxiety related to moving and we tailor each move to meet the unique needs of every customer. Every shipment whether by air, ground, or ocean is carefully planned, managed and tracked from door to door. Each step in the relocation process is managed by Bekins International, guaranteeing total control and providing comfort for the relocating family. It takes experts at both ends of the move to ensure that everything goes as planned. That’s why Bekins International experiences continued worldwide growth and continued customer satisfaction.
Global Reach… Feel at Home
Our move coordinators can help guide customers through the maze of questions and concerns during the moving process, which includes: information on the destination country, shipping regulations, climate, schools and education and much more. All of this information can be sent to the transferring family prior to the move to help them get acclimated before the movers arrive.
At Bekins International, our experience and quality are accessible to you, helping to make moving internationally as easy as possible.
International Move Management
A successful move to a foreign country requires careful planning. The planning process can begin up to three months prior to the move. Bekins International will assign an International Relocation Consultant (IRC), supported by the entire Bekins International move management team, to be the customer’s primary point of contact throughout the entire move.
Our goal at Bekins International is to make the moving process as smooth as possible. With that in mind, we have developed a system that combines process with communication to deliver a successful move.
Our Proven Method
With an experienced and dedicated Bekins International Relocation Consultant, each move delivers a consistent, quality-driven, hassle-free experience. Count on our team to take you home.
US Customs Forms and Information
Bekins International provides the following US Customs information and forms. Each document is available to view or download using a *.pdf format.
To speak with a representative, please call (800) 366-4668. From outside the USA, please call us collect at (716) 876-6067 Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Central Standard Time. Requests may also be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (716) 876-3385. Please be sure to include return information on all email or faxed requests.
US Customs Information
- General information regarding importation of household effects into the United States of America
- Additional information can be attained through contact with your Bekins International Representative
Prior Notice on Import Shipments: Itemized Food or Alcohol Products – download PDF
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Prior Notice program requires all importers of food items to provide prior notification regarding food items being imported
- Complete form as directed, for questions or assistance please contact your Bekins International Representative toll free (800) 366-4668
Declaration for free entry of unaccompanied articles (Customs form 3299) – download PDF
- Complete items on form and please direct any questions to your Bekins International Representative toll free (800) 366-4668
Supplemental declaration for unaccompanied personal and household effects – download PDF
- Complete items 1 through 14
- Numbers 15 and 16 should be left blank and will be populated by the shipments forwarder.
- For number 17, select “B” for Importer
- Sign and date the form. Use your name as it appears on your passport
Customs power of attorney – download PDF
- Sign and date this form, use your name as it appears on your passport. This completed form is necessary to clear your shipment through Customs in the United States
These forms: Customs Power of Attorney, Supplemental Declaration, Form 3299 and passport copies are needed to clear your shipment through US customs. Bekins International strongly discourages the importation of food items within your household shipment; however, if items are included we must receive the prior notice form from above. Please return these completed forms and provide copies of your passport to your Bekins International origin agent.